The Atlanta brewery Monday Night Brewing has ventured into the world of spirits and has developed a signature cocktail list from renowned mixologist Tiffanie Barriere.
A statement from the brewing company recently announced that Brewmaster Peter Kiley and the Monday Night team have been working on an exclusive line of spirits, which they’ve recently launched in their Atlanta taprooms.
The new line is called Sneaky Pete, and includes a bourbon, rye, gin, vodka, and rum. They feature in a list of signature cocktails served at Atlanta’s Monday Night West Midtown and the Garage.
“Sneaky Pete has been a quiet passion project for some time. Distilling is uncharted territory for Monday Night, but this new challenge falls in line with our ever-evolving ethos to grow and explore in beer and beyond,” Brewmaster Kiley said. “I’ve enjoyed learning from and collaborating with expert distillers, taking note of their methods and techniques to create a first-class line of spirits I’m proud to share with our customers.”
Kiley led the team as they selected botanicals for the gin, triple filtered the vodka, and aged, blended, and barreled the dark spirits.
The Sneaky Pete Bourbon is a 7-year-old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, which features tastes of oak, vanilla, and clove, with a hint of toffee and char on the finish.
The Sneaky Pete Rye is a 6-year-old whiskey with a straight-forward, classic rye profile. Rich vanilla aromatics give way to toasted oak, dark chocolate, and clove flavors. A dry, lingering finish is enhanced by a twist of orange peel.
While straight pours of Sneaky Pete are available in their Atlanta taprooms, the Monday Night Brewing team brought in mixologist Tiffanie Barriere, who’s been featured on the TODAY Show and Drink Masters on Netflix. She developed signature cocktail recipes to showcase each Sneaky Pete spirit.
“It was so fun to work with the Monday Night team on this project,” Barriere said. “I tasted all the spirits in the Sneaky Pete line and was impressed with the balance and expression in each sip. I felt inspired to bring forward a curated collection of cocktails inspired by some classics, and also wanted to combine local and international ingredients that enhance the quality taste that comes through the spirits.”
For the Atlanta taprooms, she created:
- Tony’s Old Fashioned: 7-year Sneaky Pete Bourbon, Japanese Brown Sugar Syrup, Angostura Bitters – Balanced and boozy, the Old Fashioned is enhanced with the addition of house-made Japanese Brown Sugar syrup. Rich in oak and vanilla flavor, the 7-year Sneaky Pete Bourbon takes this classic to new heights.
- The Norwood Margarita: Agave Spirit, Lime, Agave Nectar – A classic margarita that strikes a balance of tart, fresh-squeezed limes, subtly sweet agave, and a kick of agave spirit.
- Nothing Basic: Sneaky Pete Vodka, Basil-Infused Honey, Lemon – Smooth 6x distilled Sneaky Pete Vodka blends with house-made, basil-infused honey and a fresh spritz of lemon.
- Zodiac Signs: Sneaky Pete Rum, 1821 Ginger Syrup, Lime, Peychaud’s Bitters – Each ingredient in this cocktail can stand on its own. But when mixed together, new meanings emerge. Try not to read into it too much.
- Blueberry Gin Fizz: Sneaky Pete Gin, Lemon, Blueberry Puree, Soda – An effervescent, botanical drink handcrafted with Sneaky Pete Gin. The house-made blueberry puree coupled with lemon brandishes an electric pop of color and flavor.
For more information, check out www.mondaynightbrewing.com.