It’s an exciting time to be into whiskey. The United States is seeing phenomenal growth in craft distilleries producing quality young spirits. Historic Scotch producers are in a phase of expansion and rebirth. Younger drinkers are swapping rye for vodka in their cocktail shakers. The Whiskey Wash was born to keep pace with the explosion of energy and innovation in the category, and to track the rise of the new whiskey lifestyle.
Looking for more information about us? Here are a few links to help you learn:
A Note on Whiskey vs Whisky: As most drinkers of whiskey know, spelling of the word varies depending upon what part of the world it is made in. Some, like here in the United States, have the “e” in the word, while in Scotland it is spelled without that letter. Since we write to a mainly American audience, we will generally use “e” as the standard expect when specifically speaking to a foreign whisky in the sentence structure.
- “The Good Thing About Bad Reviews” – Artisan Spirit, Summer, 2016
- Blog of The Year, 2016 International Whisky Competition – Whisk(e)y Competition, May, 2016
- The Tasting Room Interview – Radio Show, January 16, 2016
- Bourbon Pursuit Interview – Podcast, September 24, 2015
- “Cigar Dave” Interview – Nationally Syndicated Radio Show, September 12, 2015
- “The Local Life” Interview – WCHQ 100.9 FM August 1, 2015
- WhiskeyTown USA Media Partner – May 8 & 9, 2015
- “What do you call ‘Scotch’ that’s made in America?” – MarketWatch, April 22, 2015