Sagamore Spirit recently launched its ready-to-drink canned craft cocktails nationally, with three flavors hinting at summer.
Pineapple Ryegarita, Honey Paloma and Lemon Tea Fizz are made with Sagamore Spirit’s straight rye whiskey and co-created by the mixology minds of Baltimore-based CAnE Collective.
A statement from the distiller notes that each recipe was developed to showcase the best of Maryland-style rye, and is made with organic juices and is naturally gluten-free.
- Pineapple Ryegarita: Sagamore Spirit Rye Whiskey paired with lime juice, pineapple juice, agave syrup, and natural chipotle flavor; 7% ABV.
- Honey Paloma: Sagamore Spirit Rye Whiskey paired with red grapefruit juice, lime juice, agave, and natural honey flavor; 9% ABV.
- Lemon Tea Fizz: Sagamore Spirit Rye Whiskey paired with Meyer lemon juice, green tea, and natural yuzu flavor; 8% ABV.
The three cocktails are sold together in a six-can variety pack, as well as in single-flavor four-packs, and all are available in major markets where Sagamore Spirit is sold.
For those in Sagamore Spirit’s home state of Maryland, Sagamore Spirit will also release an additional three canned cocktail recipes this summer. Orange Crush will also be available in Washington, D.C., Delaware, and New Jersey, and pays homage to the famed cocktail that originated in Ocean City, MD, as well as Ginger & Rye and Watermelon Sour, both of which will be available exclusively at Sagamore Spirit’s Baltimore distillery.
- Orange Crush: Sagamore Spirit Rye Whiskey paired with orange, lemon juice, lime juice, and natural orange flavor; 8% ABV.
- Ginger & Rye: Sagamore Spirit Rye Whiskey paired with ginger juice, lime juice, and natural ginger flavor; 8% ABV.
- Watermelon Sour: Sagamore Spirit Rye Whiskey paired with watermelon juice, lime juice, and natural watermelon flavor; 8% ABV.
“We love mixing our Maryland-style rye into creative, fun cocktails,” said Brian Treacy, Sagamore Spirit’s co-founder and president of distillery operations. “We took our time perfecting these recipes with the talented mixologists at CAnE Collective, and each is layered with flavor and our award-winning rye whiskey in every sip.”
Sagamore Spirit’s variety pack of canned cocktails have a suggested retail price of $19.99, and 4-packs of individual recipes will be sold at $15.99.
To find a pack of Sagamore Spirit’s craft canned cocktails or a bottle of its Maryland-style rye, check out www.SagamoreSpirit.com.
Gary Carter has been at the helm of metro newspapers, magazines, and television news programs as well as a radio host and marketing manager. He is a writer/editor/photographer/designer by trade, with more than 30 years experience in the publishing and marketing field. Gary enjoys working to build something great, whether...