Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey will be the centerpiece at Vail’s Westin Riverfront resort.
A statement from the Colorado whiskey maker notes that the all-new Stranahan’s Après Ski Lounge will be an immersive dining and drinking experience set in a private, life-sized whiskey barrel.
From now until Sunday, April 2nd, the heated Stranahan’s whiskey barrels will be available daily for après ski from 1 to 5 p.m. on the resort’s Stoke & Rye patio.
Two Stranahan’s tasting experiences will be offered, each paired with a special menu created by the culinary team at Stoke & Rye. They are:
Blue Peak Experience – $90 per person
- Maple Old Fashioned Cocktail + Burrata Salad – arugula, truffle salt and heirloom cherry tomatoes.
- Stranahan’s Original + Smoked Oysters – with pine, lemon-bourbon aioli, trout caviar and chimichurri.
- Stranahan’s Sherry Cask + Beef Tartare – black garlic aioli, marble potato chips, green tapenade, cured quail egg yolk and grilled focaccia.
Black Diamond Experience – $110 per person
- Maple Old Fashioned Cocktail + Burrata salad – arugula, truffle salt & heirloom cherry tomatoes.
- Stranahan’s Original + Smoked Oysters – pine, lemon-bourbon aioli, trout caviar and chimichurri.
- Stranahan’s Sherry Cask + Beef Tartare – black garlic aioli, marble potato chip, green tapenade, cured quail egg yolk & grilled focaccia.
- Stranahan’s Diamond Peak + Bread Pudding – with whiskey sauce, berry and vanilla ice cream.
If you’re interested, advanced reservations are required here for the Stranahan’s Après Ski Lounge at Stoke & Rye. There’s a four guest maximum per whiskey barrel.
Interestingly, a portion of proceeds from The Stranahan’s Après Ski Lounge will benefit The Cycle Effect, a local non-profit dedicated to empowering young women through mountain biking to create brighter futures and build stronger communities.
Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey is made of 100% malted barley and Rocky Mountain water, aged in new American white oak barrels. The grain to glass whiskey is distilled and bottled at its Colorado distillery, and the portfolio includes Original, Blue Peak, Sherry Cask, Diamond Peak, Mountain Angel 10-Year-Old, and the limited-edition yearly release Snowflake.
For more information, check out www.stranahans.com.
New Isle Of Raasay Distillery Whisky Matured In Ex-Manzanilla Casks
Breckenridge Distillery Collaborates With Flaviar For Father’s Day Whiskey Edition
Royal Salute Celebrates Jodhpur Night With 21-Year-Old Jodhpur Polo Edition
GlenDronach Debuts Cask Strength Batch 12
Tales of the Cocktail Event Slated For Late July In New Orleans
Gavin Hastings Launches Charity Whiskies To Support Injured Rugby Players
Bladnoch Distillery Explores Whisky-Making With The Dragon Series
Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof Rye Now A Permanent Offering
Emerson Whiskey Company Cuts Into Bourbon Market With New Product
Colorado Distilleries Collaborate On A Colorado Wheat Whiskey
Gary Carter has been at the helm of metro newspapers, magazines, and television news programs as well as a radio host and marketing manager. He is a writer/editor/photographer/designer by trade, with more than 30 years experience in the publishing and marketing field. Gary enjoys working to build something great, whether...