Black+Decker recently announced it’s bringing “the bev by Black+Decker Cocktail Maker” to market.
The new, single-serve cocktail maker will offer users the ability to make custom cocktails at the touch of a button.
A statement from Black+Decker notes that the bev Cocktail Maker will be able to dispense craft cocktails in about 30 seconds.
Allison Lawrence, president of Black+Decker, said the new home bar appliance is part of their expanded home and lifestyle line. “This product innovation delivers on Black+Decker’s brand promise to make life easier at home.”
The bev by Black+Decker Cocktail Maker features:
- An easy-load liquor system which connects up to five standard 750ml bottles of liquor. There are labeled locations for five liquors: gin, vodka, tequila, rum, whiskey and the included glass water bottle.
- Customize drink strength with the turn of a dial with four drink strength levels: mocktail, light, regular and strong.
- LEDs beneath the bottles illuminate and display the liquor being served.
- It has a “Party mode” feature with various LED sequences to add a fun factor.
- The cocktail maker works exclusively with Bartesian’s assortment of cocktail capsules, ranging from a Long Island iced tea to a spicy margarita.
- The cocktail maker works by scanning the barcode on the lid of the capsule to draw from the corresponding spirit.
- The shaker icon on the front of the machine lights up when it’s recommended to dispense a drink over a shaker with ice.
In the fall of 2022, a pack of five glass bottles will be sold separately for users that seek a uniform look. The bottle pack will retail for $49.99.
Even before its launch, “the bev” was recognized for ease-of-use, simplistic design and innovation, garnering a “2022 Gadget Award” from Popular Mechanics for “Best Cocktail Machine.”
The bev by Black+Decker Cocktail Maker is available now at Amazon.com and other select retailers for a retail price of $299, with Bartesian capsules and liquor bottles sold separately.
Gary Carter has been at the helm of metro newspapers, magazines, and television news programs as well as a radio host and marketing manager. He is a writer/editor/photographer/designer by trade, with more than 30 years experience in the publishing and marketing field. Gary enjoys working to build something great, whether...