Joshua Steeley, Marketing Director for Bourbon at Buffalo Trace, joins the show to cover the Old Charter Oak series. It’s a line extension that focuses on the effect different types of oak have on the bourbon. We’re talking oak harvested from all over the world and some of the oak being hundreds of years old.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about decanters.
- What’s the most ridiculous thing someone has tricked you into doing or believing?
- Tell us about your role at Buffalo Trace.
- Any brands you are putting more effort behind?
- Are you going to have a part in Early Times?
- How did you get into bourbon and end up at Buffalo Trace?
- Let’s talk about Old Charter Oak.
- How do you decide what bourbon goes into each brand?
- Tell us about your experimental process.
- Old Charter Oak Tasting.
- Where do you source your barrels from?
- Talk about what went into the packaging design.
- How hard is it to find this brand?
- What is the price point?
- Any failed experiments?
Method And Madness’ Latest Irish Whiskey Gets Garryana Oak Finish
Irish Distillers, maker of Method...
Review: Jack Daniel’s & Coca-Cola RTD Canned Cocktail
Editor’s Note: This RTD was...
New Isle Of Raasay Distillery Whisky Matured In Ex-Manzanilla Casks
Scotland’s Isle of Raasay Distillery...
Breckenridge Distillery Collaborates With Flaviar For Father’s Day Whiskey Edition
Breckenridge Distillery recently announced it...
Royal Salute Celebrates Jodhpur Night With 21-Year-Old Jodhpur Polo Edition
Scotch whisky maker Royal Salute...
GlenDronach Debuts Cask Strength Batch 12
Scotland’s Highland distillery GlenDronach recently...
Tales of the Cocktail Event Slated For Late July In New Orleans
Tickets are now on sale...
Gavin Hastings Launches Charity Whiskies To Support Injured Rugby Players
Two new single malt Scotch...
Bladnoch Distillery Explores Whisky-Making With The Dragon Series
Scotch whisky maker Bladnoch recently...
Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof Rye Now A Permanent Offering
Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel...
Kenny Coleman and Ryan Cecil host the Bourbon Pursuit podcast from Louisville, KY. Together, they share a passion for the stories that made an industry flourish with a focus on history, personality, and of course, great bourbon. Their guests include master distillers, bloggers, historians, local events and more.