It’s another jam packed Bourbon Community Roundtable as we discuss the latest trending topics of the past few weeks. One of the greatest pieces of whiskey news is that tariffs are being eliminated. This will open up international commerce once again for bourbon and we take a stab at some theories on what moves we expect distilleries to make in 2022. There are always bottle releases that get all the attention, but after a solid year of bourbon releases we give our takes on some bottles that should have gotten more attention. Lastly, the market is the market and we all know that stores are beginning to price their prized bottles close to secondary. If you’ve been a long-time customer of that retailer, are you going to switch stores or start paying higher prices?
- Catoctin Creek has been honoring that tradition of small craft rye whisky since 2009. Learn more at CatoctinCreekDistilling.com.
- Smooth Ambler builds on the traditional roots of American whiskey in West Virginia. Visit SmoothAmbler.com to learn more.
- Wilderness Trail is Sweet Mash Kentucky Straight Bourbon and Rye Whiskey distilled, aged, and bottled in Danville, Kentucky. Learn more at WildernessTrailDistillery.com.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Spirits of French Lick is delivering the finest hand crafted Bottled in Bond bourbons. Check out SpiritsofFrenchLick.com.
- Total Wine and More is wonderland for wine, spirits, and beer lovers! Explore more in store or online at TotalWine.com.
- Heaven Hill Distillery has been lifting America’s spirit since 1935. Check out educational resources and sign up for their newsletter at HeavenHillDistillery.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about MRE bourbon pairings.
- Now that tariffs have been revoked, what moves do we expect distilleries to make next in 2022?
- Do you think the EU can make it more appealing to sell American Whiskey there vs. keeping it in the US?
- Is there a bottle release that happened this year that you feel should get more attention?
- If your favorite retailer had to start selling their allocations at secondary prices, would you find another store to purchase from?
- Thanks to @bourbonr, @breakingbourbon, and @sippn_corn for joining.
- @bourbonr @breakingbourbon @sippn_corn
- Support this podcast on Patreon
This post first appeared on Bourbon Pursuit at https://bourbonpursuit.com/2021/12/16/336-no-tariffs-in-2022-bottles-that-deserve-more-attention-and-switching-liquor-stores-on-bourbon-community-roundtable-63/
Never miss an episode from Bourbon Pursuit on:
Kenny Coleman and Ryan Cecil host the Bourbon Pursuit podcast from Louisville, KY. Together, they share a passion for the stories that made an industry flourish with a focus on history, personality, and of course, great bourbon. Their guests include master distillers, bloggers, historians, local events and more.