Last week, we kicked off the series of analyzing Bourbon & Banter’s article on “Is Bourbon Broken?” and this next installment looks at the secondary market. The prices of bourbon have been growing immensely and who knows if the prices will ever drop. Will there ever be an end in sight for consumers buying on the secondary or should companies adjust their prices accordingly? We tackle all this and more.
- Catoctin Creek has been honoring that tradition of small craft rye whisky since 2009. Learn more at CatoctinCreekDistilling.com.
- Smooth Ambler builds on the traditional roots of American whiskey in West Virginia. Visit SmoothAmbler.com to learn more.
- Wilderness Trail is Sweet Mash Kentucky Straight Bourbon and Rye Whiskey distilled, aged, and bottled in Danville, Kentucky. Learn more at WildernessTrailDistillery.com.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Spirits of French Lick is delivering the finest hand crafted Bottled in Bond bourbons. Check out SpiritsofFrenchLick.com.
- Savor every drop of summer at Total Wine & More! You’re sure to find cool prices in-store or online at TotalWine.com.
- Heaven Hill Distillery has been lifting America’s spirit since 1935. Check out educational resources and sign up for their newsletter at HeavenHillDistillery.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about mixing bourbon.
- Are people forced to buy special bottles on the secondary market these days?
- Is it foolish to buy bottles for so much more than retail?
- How can you deter bottle flipping?
- Is there anything distilleries can do to prevent flipping on the secondary market?
- At what point will we hit the price ceiling?
- Is it ethical for distillers to look at pricing on the secondary market to make business decisions?
- Are auctions setting the secondary prices of bottles?
- How do auctions get a pass unlike the secondary market?
- Are current pricing strategies fair to the consumer?
This post first appeared on Bourbon Pursuit at https://bourbonpursuit.com/2021/09/30/325-is-bourbon-broken-part-2-the-secondary-market-based-off-bourbon-banter/
Never miss an episode from Bourbon Pursuit on:
Review: Jack Daniel’s & Coca-Cola RTD Canned Cocktail
New Isle Of Raasay Distillery Whisky Matured In Ex-Manzanilla Casks
Breckenridge Distillery Collaborates With Flaviar For Father’s Day Whiskey Edition
Royal Salute Celebrates Jodhpur Night With 21-Year-Old Jodhpur Polo Edition
GlenDronach Debuts Cask Strength Batch 12
Tales of the Cocktail Event Slated For Late July In New Orleans
Gavin Hastings Launches Charity Whiskies To Support Injured Rugby Players
Bladnoch Distillery Explores Whisky-Making With The Dragon Series
Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof Rye Now A Permanent Offering
Emerson Whiskey Company Cuts Into Bourbon Market With New Product
Kenny Coleman and Ryan Cecil host the Bourbon Pursuit podcast from Louisville, KY. Together, they share a passion for the stories that made an industry flourish with a focus on history, personality, and of course, great bourbon. Their guests include master distillers, bloggers, historians, local events and more.