Welcome to the first part in a series of “Is Bourbon Broken?” where we take an in-depth look at a multi-part blog series from Bourbon and Banter. In these four episodes, we are going to look at the consumer, the secondary market, retailers and distributors, and then wrap it up once again evaluating the consumer. In this first part, we take a long hard look at the consumer. Are every day bourbon drinkers the ones to blame? What compels people to stand in line for Blanton’s? But ultimately, what can we all do as bourbon enthusiasts to educate the broader mass market?
- Catoctin Creek has been honoring that tradition of small craft rye whisky since 2009. Learn more at CatoctinCreekDistilling.com.
- Smooth Ambler builds on the traditional roots of American whiskey in West Virginia. Visit SmoothAmbler.com to learn more.
- Wilderness Trail is Sweet Mash Kentucky Straight Bourbon and Rye Whiskey distilled, aged, and bottled in Danville, Kentucky. Learn more at WildernessTrailDistillery.com.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Spirits of French Lick is delivering the finest hand crafted Bottled in Bond bourbons. Check out SpiritsofFrenchLick.com.
- Savor every drop of summer at Total Wine & More! You’re sure to find cool prices in-store or online at TotalWine.com.
- Heaven Hill Distillery has been lifting America’s spirit since 1935. Check out educational resources and sign up for their newsletter at HeavenHillDistillery.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about bourbon containers.
- What has helped grow bourbon to where it is today?
- Is Fred Minnick to blame?
- Why are people still standing in line for Blanton’s?
- Limited releases vs. every day shelf items.
- How do we educate consumers?
- What were your thoughts on Facebook groups in the early days?
- What do you find exciting when doing tastings?
- Is chasing bottles with specific dates or batches part of the problem?
- What advice would you give to everyday consumers?
This post first appeared on Bourbon Pursuit at https://bourbonpursuit.com/2021/09/23/324-is-bourbon-broken-part-1-the-consumer/
Never miss an episode from Bourbon Pursuit on:
Review: Jack Daniel’s & Coca-Cola RTD Canned Cocktail
New Isle Of Raasay Distillery Whisky Matured In Ex-Manzanilla Casks
Breckenridge Distillery Collaborates With Flaviar For Father’s Day Whiskey Edition
Royal Salute Celebrates Jodhpur Night With 21-Year-Old Jodhpur Polo Edition
GlenDronach Debuts Cask Strength Batch 12
Tales of the Cocktail Event Slated For Late July In New Orleans
Gavin Hastings Launches Charity Whiskies To Support Injured Rugby Players
Bladnoch Distillery Explores Whisky-Making With The Dragon Series
Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof Rye Now A Permanent Offering
Emerson Whiskey Company Cuts Into Bourbon Market With New Product
Kenny Coleman and Ryan Cecil host the Bourbon Pursuit podcast from Louisville, KY. Together, they share a passion for the stories that made an industry flourish with a focus on history, personality, and of course, great bourbon. Their guests include master distillers, bloggers, historians, local events and more.