Michael Nelson, Plant Director at the Brown-Forman Cooperage, gives a step-by-step and inside look to the barrel making process.
- Give us your bourbon story.
- Before we dive into the ins and outs of technicalities of barrel char, give us a history lesson about where we are.
- So this is my first time being at a cooperage. Give me the 101
- We saw one barrel that was cross cut. Talk about that.
- What’s the average number of discarded barrels that don’t meet some sort of quality assurance?
- Talk about char levels for a bit because it’s something that is always said, but never really explained about in depth.
- Is the barrel making process getting more expensive on a yearly basis because of demand and material supply?
- For everyone that missed the episode with Chris Morris where we talked briefly about the cooperage, talk about what it means to have a cooperage dedicated to their private whiskey
- The release of Cooper’s Craft happened recently. And it was named after the location of where we are recording today. What does that mean to you?
Kenny Coleman and Ryan Cecil host the Bourbon Pursuit podcast from Louisville, KY. Together, they share a passion for the stories that made an industry flourish with a focus on history, personality, and of course, great bourbon. Their guests include master distillers, bloggers, historians, local events and more.