The Whiskey Wash News Round Up is back with another wickedly awesome mix of whiskey news worth reading with a glass of your favorite bourbon in hand. BTW, have a whiskey news link you want mentioned? – drop me a line at [email protected] and I’ll check it out for possible inclusion!
- Cape Breton Island on Canada’s eastern flank, if you haven’t been there, is said by many to be an embodiment of Scotland. That includes a local single malt distillery.
- Should Cape Breton not do it for your whisky fix, there’s always the original thing in the island distilleries of Scotch country.
- It doesn’t matter how big you are in the whiskey business, as a little guy can still take you down in the court system over a fight around name branding on Johnnie Walker Scotch.
- Got $30,000 in spare change for a rare bottle of whisky? Why of course you do!
- How well is Scotch brand The Macallan doing? Apparently well enough it is getting busy building a new £100m distillery that will open in 2017 to meet growing demand.
- Is whisky worthy of its own emoji expression through SMS texts and short messages? Some think so and think you should too.
- Confused by whether that hot young bourbon in your hands was crafted in house or sourced elsewhere? More people are beginning to think it is a big issue.
- Tuthilltown Spirits is a classy farm distillery in New York producing quality rye and bourbon. Go on a photo journey to check out their digs.
image via sandwich/flickr
Nino Kilgore-Marchetti is the founder and editor-in-chief of The Whiskey Wash, an award winning whiskey lifestyle website dedicated to informing and entertaining consumers about whisk(e)y on a global level. As a whisk(e)y journalist, expert and judge he has written about the subject extensively, been interviewed in various media outlets and...